Our Career's leader is Claire McGeough, if you have any questions or want to discuss CIAG in more detail, please give Claire a call on 0121 8090666 or use our email contact form to get in touch.
Our college provides learners with a range of work-based learning and high-quality career information, advice, and guidance (CIAG). This journey is mapped out using the Gatsby benchmarks, ensuring the delivery of high-quality CIAG throughout each learner’s individual journey here at HBVC.
Our careers and work-based learning programme is designed to raise the aspirations of each individual learner.
We provide high-quality CIAG using the Gatsby benchmark framework and CDI framework, and career and work-based learning is embedded throughout our co-created curriculum.
Our careers programme is mapped out using the following Gatsby benchmarks:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Each learner has an individual learning plan ensuring the needs of each learner are met, and all departments at HBVC have a responsibility to ensure all CIAG delivered is impartial, unbiased, and accessible to all learners.
All HBVC learners will:
- Have access to up to date and accurate information regarding HBVC’s careers programme.
- Have access to local and national labour market information via the college website (coming soon)
- Receive CIAG that is independent, impartial, and accessible. The frequency of CIAG sessions will be in line with individual learner needs and requirements.
- Be supported to source and apply for apprenticeships, supported apprenticeships, supported internships, and traineeships where appropriate to the individual learner.
- Attend regular work placements, building skills and knowledge in a role that reflects their individual aspirations and outcomes.
- Have access to all information/records regarding their individual CIAG.
- Follow a co-created curriculum enabling learners to acquire employability and life skills reflecting their aspirations
How do HBVC benchmark scores compare to other SEN schools & colleges in the Birmingham area?